The thrill of it, 'No Limit'Regular price $709.00
© Rachael Clegg
Isle of Man, U.K. 2015
The Thrill of It / Milestones series
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
No Limit is from the 2022 Milestones collection which, unlike the rest of the series was shot not on the Isle of Man TT course but across dozens of locations of historical significance to the TT. In this collection, riders, manufacturers and engineers all play a part in a plot culminating on that sacred stretch of 37 and three quarter miles of road: the Isle of Man TT course. These images offer a glimpse into the story behind the story.
The Story / No Limit is a 1935 British comedy about over enthusiastic budding TT racer George Shuttleworth, who transcends his Lancastrian terraced street for heady stardom as a TT racer. Directed by Monty Banks and starring silver screen star George Formby, the film has become part of TT history. Even to this day, the film is watched by thousands on screen across the Isle of Man during the TT. The film was shot on location and it is believed that George Formby would venture out to the mountain in the mornings for rehearsals. But it was in the auditorium where the real magic happened, and where - for the first time - thousands on cinema goers would have encountered the legendary races for the first time.
Rachael Clegg’s photography series The Thrill of It is one of gritty naked glamour and celebrating the pursuit of motor racing in all its thrilling, unadulterated glory. Clegg’s black and white nude images illustrate historical stories from the Nürburgring’s and TT’s combined history of 212 years (the Isle of Man TT started in 1907; the Nürburgring’s first race was in 1927).
Rachael Clegg has carved out a unique art form for herself, fusing fact and imagination to create bold, often absurd images which are almost always accompanied by text. A trained journalist with an art-school background, Clegg’s work embraces journalistic curiosity with unshackled creativity.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude V.A.T. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.