The Smiths, ‘Strangeways Here We Come’Regular price $194.00
© Stephen Wright
Manchester, U.K. 1984
Fuji crystal archive lustre finish photographic paper print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘This photo was shot at Johnny Marr’s house early 1986 – All I can remember is waiting nervously whilst the hairdresser spent a long time on Morrissey’s quiff.’ Stephen Wright
‘I think we knew, subconsciously, that we had to shut the outside world out.’ Johnny Marr
Five miles south of Stretford, is another lesser known spiritual home to The Smiths. Early chart success on a London label had originally necessitated a group move down south, but it wasn't long before Metropolitan isolation, homesickness and the rigours of promotion forced Johnny Marr to lead a return exodus north. Which is why, at the end of 1984, he bought a house in the Cheshire village of Bowdon. It was destined to become the band's Greater Manchester HQ for the remainder of their career. Uncut / Simon Goddard
National Portrait Gallery
Manchester Evening News
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.