Fashion, Elsa Martinelli, 'Black Romper at Portofino'Regular price £900.00
© Mark Shaw
Digital archival C-type print authenticated, signed and numbered by David Shaw, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Actress and Socialite Elsa Martinelli, a favourite model of Mark Shaw's, was photographed for the LIFE January 1955 article 'Promise at Portofino'. Born Elisa Tia in 1935, Martinelli established her acting career after her photograph was spotted on the cover of LIFE magazine by Anne Buydens, Kirk Douglas' wife. Martinelli went on to gain international recognition, appearing in over 40 films and working with directors such as Roger Vadim, Mario Monicelli and Orson Welles.
Mark Shaw’s vintage silver gelatin prints were all produced under his supervision. There are a limited number of these prints available for sale and are mainly one off prints. Most works depict the Kennedy family. There are a few vintage prints available of Audrey Hepburn, Coco Chanel and other celebrities. They were produced during the 1950s and early 1960s.
National Portrait Gallery
House and Garden
Life With the Kennedys
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.