The thrill of it, 'Döttinger Höhe'Regular price $709.00
© Rachael Clegg
Nürburgring, Germany. 2015
The Thrill of It / Nürburgring series
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Döttinger Höhe is part of Rachael Clegg’s Nürburgring series, in which every image illustrates a story about Europe’s most treacherous, twisting, challenging racing circuit. All images are designed and modelled by Rachael and shot - on location - by Ian Parry at the epic Nordschleife circuit. Each image ‘recreates’ a specific event in the Nürburgring’s history at the exact spot that event happened.
The story / Emerson Fittipaldi was the youngest ever world champion at the age of 25 in 1972. But even the best teams make schoolboy errors - such as running out of fuel. It was during a practice session that the Brazilian star was just about to break the seven minute record barrier when his car ran out of fuel. Fortunately, it was on the Döttinger Höhe straight, which is adjacent to a large petrol station, whose manager ‘Retti’ Retterath, came to the rescue, promptly refuelling the champion.
Rachael Clegg’s photography series The Thrill of It is one of gritty naked glamour and celebrating the pursuit of motor racing in all its thrilling, unadulterated glory. Clegg’s black and white nude images illustrate historical stories from the Nürburgring’s and TT’s combined history of 212 years (the Isle of Man TT started in 1907; the Nürburgring’s first race was in 1927).
Rachael Clegg has carved out a unique art form for herself, fusing fact and imagination to create bold, often absurd images which are almost always accompanied by text. A trained journalist with an art-school background, Clegg’s work embraces journalistic curiosity with unshackled creativity.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude V.A.T. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.