The thrill of it, 'Ballig Bridge'Regular price $709.00
© Rachael Clegg
Isle of Man, U.K. 2015
The Thrill of It / Milestones series
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Ballig Bridge is from Rachael Clegg’s Milestones series in which every single image illustrates an event from the history of the Isle of Man TT Races.
The Story / Harold Daniell - a Norton works rider - wrote off his brother in-law’s machine at Ballig Bridge during practice in 1938. Norton were late delivering the bikes, which is why he had to borrow one. Badly injured and having not even sat on the works Norton, Daniell had a huge task ahead of him. And with Norton’s run of seven junior TT wins, he was under additional pressure to win. In spite of this, after a huge scrap with Stanley Woods, Daniell won the race with a record-breaking lap of 91 mph. But what’s more incredible is that Daniell’s vision was so bad he wasn’t allowed to serve in the army during the Second World War and had to wear glasses under his goggles.
Rachael Clegg’s photography series The Thrill of It is one of gritty naked glamour and celebrating the pursuit of motor racing in all its thrilling, unadulterated glory. Clegg’s black and white nude images illustrate historical stories from the Nürburgring’s and TT’s combined history of 212 years (the Isle of Man TT started in 1907; the Nürburgring’s first race was in 1927).
Rachael Clegg has carved out a unique art form for herself, fusing fact and imagination to create bold, often absurd images which are almost always accompanied by text. A trained journalist with an art-school background, Clegg’s work embraces journalistic curiosity with unshackled creativity.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude V.A.T. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.