The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, ‘Summer Days, Sailing Away’Regular price $1,423.00
© Ken Veeder
Santa Catalina Island, U.S.A. 1965
All prints have the signature or the posthumous stamp of the photographer where known
Prints at 30x40 and 40x60 inches are available and subject to quality and resolution of image
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Album cover shot for Summer Days (And Summer Nights) taken on a sail boat trip out to Santa Catalina Island in the late spring of 1965. The album was released on June 28, 1965 and was The Beach Boys' second album of that year, containing iconic songs like "California Girls" and "Help Me Rhonda".
Ken Veeder was the head of Capitol Records photography department for 18 years from the 1950s until it was disbanded in the early 1970s. His iconic shoot with the young Beach Boys in July 1962 at Paradise Cove, Malibu helped shape their image and brand through the use of their Pendleton shirts, Denis Wilson's longboard and a borrowed yellow truck from Calypso Joe, who used it to serve food at the beach.
Los Angeles Magazine
The Sunday Times
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.