The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, ‘Studio Portrait, Vintage’Regular price £6,000.00
London, U.K. 1964
Rare selenium toned silver vintage print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I came into music just because I wanted the bread. It's true. I looked around and this seemed like the only way I was going to get the kind of bread I wanted.’ Mick Jagger
Negative showcasing Mick Jagger- shot informally in Swayne’s studio. This negative was one of several negatives released by Swayne’s son in 2012- several years after his father’s death. ‘My father became ill and died very suddenly… during this period he had a massive clear-out and started going through every single negative and contact sheet from his whole career…He threw out everything except one box of negs, and that box was his chosen legacy to us… one day, I opened it up expecting to find one or two images beyond the few prints of Mick and Keith that I’d always known about. Instead, what I discovered was an intimate archive of behind-the-scenes Sixties London’. Tom Swayne
Eric Swayne was surrounded by a troop of revolutionary artists, musicians, photographers and models; many of whom were Swayne's friends. Between them they would all play their part in London's 60s creative explosion, and their cultural impact is still felt today. This is a unique and intimate record of that special time, taken from the inside.
Wall Street International
United Nations of Photography
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.