Withnail and I, Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, 'Sunday Hours'Regular price £200.00
© Murray Close
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'Shot early on a Sunday morning, the filming mimicked the same tone as the scene. It was impossible to get a drink on a Sunday before noon in 1986 as it was in 1970.' Murray Close
In Bruce Robinson’s devilishly quotable and quaffable classic, unemployed actors Withnail and Marwood decide to leave their squalid Camden flat for an idyllic holiday in the countryside, courtesy of Withnail's uncle Monty's country cottage. However, their plans for a period of relaxation and indulgence are thwarted, by their inability to cope with ghastly weather, frosty locals and the advances of Monty himself.
First call for the world’s most influential film makers and directors, Murray Close was invited to shoot the cast and crew during filming in 1986. The resulting images are a joyous and revealing collection; single shots astutely summarising the weight and comedy of popular skits, and familiar characters caught off camera between scenes. Wall Street International
Multi Award winning photographer, Murray Close has forged his career capturing crucial stills of the world of cinema. Born in Canada and educated in the UK, it was whilst studying music that an introduction to Stanley Kubrick lead him to a three year assignment on ‘The Shining.’
This master class would influence his work from that point on, helping forge strong links with the film industry and early ties with Warner Bros. Murray Close has also collaborated with Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg and Alfonso Cuarón. He quickly made a name for himself and went on to be first call for the world's most influential film-makers, creating some of cinema's most iconic images.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.