Eddie Cochran, Hank, ‘The Cochran Brothers, Ekko Records, Publicity Shot’Regular price £900.00
© Eddie Cochran’s Lost Locker Collection / Photographer Unknown
Hollywood, U.S.A. 1954
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The duo were a country and western act, formed by Hank and Eddie, they were not actually related. The partnership split after Eddie saw Elvis in 1956, and decided he wanted to pursue Rock and Roll. Whilst Hank wanted to go to Nashville, to follow a country and western career.
Sonny West is a musician and lifelong Eddie Cochran fan. When he stumbled across an online auction in 2021 of the Cochran family home, including all of Eddie Cochran's belongings, Sonny sensed the significance of what he was looking at. He bought as much as he could. As quickly as he could. Knowing he had found the lost pages, from one of rock and roll's greatest stories.
Eddie Cochran was only 21 when he died. He still lived at home with his family. After his death, his parents left his room untouched. A shrine to Eddie, his life and his music. Nothing from that room had come to light, since then. Until that auction appeared online. The reason such special items had ended up for sale, was strangely mundane; unpaid rent on a lock-up in California.
For decades after the death of Eddie's mum, everything was kept in storage. Eventually, the rent stopped being paid, and the contents of the lock up were sold. The buyers were in the business of acquiring the unknown contents of unpaid lock-ups. Nobody seemed to know quite what had been discovered, until Sonny did. The unseen archive and personal belongings of Eddie Cochran were now under his care. After carefully and excitedly poring through the extraordinary collection, now in his possession, Sonny knew that the time had come to finally tell Eddie's story.
Watch / Sonny West on Eddie Cochran and Lew Allen
Watch / Killertone Records for Proud Galleries London
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.