Bobby Darin, ‘Stars for ‘58, Live on Stage, No.III’Regular price £1,200.00
© Lew Allen
Rochester, U.S.A. 15 October 1958
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This photography work depicts singer, musician and actor Bobby Darin performing at the Community War Memorial Theatre. This was only his first or second tour of his career. Bobby started his career as a songwriter for Connie Francis and performed jazz, pop, rock and roll, folk, swing as well as country music.
This series of stunning images were captured by Lew Allen in Cleveland and New York from 1956 to ‘58, Allen’s work features a stellar assemblage of early rock ’n’ roll icons. His lens embodies one of the last links to visually document those early days when rock was just beginning. This remarkable work takes you back to a time before these rock pioneers rose to legendary status.
‘Bobby Darin’s hits at the time were ‘Splish Splash’ and ‘Queen of the Hop.’ Lew Allen
About Lew Allen
Currently residing in America, Lew Allen received a Bachelor’s degree of Fine Arts from the Rochester Institute of Technology in 1961 and studied with photographers Minor White, Ralph Hattersley and attended lectures from Ansel Adams and other noted photographers. Lew Allen’s photography was exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery in London -in conjunction with a BBC documentary featuring his story of Elvis. The Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery selected his work for their permanent collection.
Black + White Photography Magazine
Record Collector Magazine
Watch / Sonny West, Killertone Records and Eddie Cochran's Lost Locker Collection at Proud Galleries
Watch / WXYC Channel 3
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.