David Bowie, ‘Aladdin Sane, Eyes Closed Portrait’Regular price $315.00
London, U.K. 1973
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘Duffy asked David Bowie what the album was going to be called, and David replied ‘A Lad Insane.’ Duffy interpreted this as Aladdin Sane.’ Chris Duffy.
Taken by Duffy during a series of sessions with David Bowie, his work produced the iconic and revolutionary cover of the album ‘Aladdin Sane’, a shot that became the defining look of Bowie’s long career, and has been referred to as the ‘Mona Lisa of Pop.’ Photography from these sessions was unveiled for use in the record-breaking show ‘David Bowie Is’ hosted in various locations including the V&A Museum in London and the Brooklyn Museum in New York. The defining images of Duffy and Bowie’s creative relationship have become synonymous with the legacy of both artists.
Duffy studied dress design at St. Martins School of Art and was taught how to make and construct a garment. He understood the drape and fall of fabric and how the structure worked. Using this knowledge he always ensured the garment was shown on the model at it's very best. Duffy was hired for his fashion photography by all the top fashion magazines of the period.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.